Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gelenard

Asking for followers?

27 minutes ago, Gelenard said:

Any ideas how to ask people to follow you without looking like a beg? 😄 I don't really want to feel like I'm promoting myself, even tho I should promote myself 😄

ANY criticism will do, you can be as harsh as you can haha

I think this is a great topic!

Really the thing is getting over the stigma that some have created around asking for follows.
Asking people to follow you, who are watching your channel, is not a bad thing.
It's when people ask people to follow who are not watching their content.
For example. don't DM someone asking them to follow you. They aren't in the process of enjoying your content.
But if someone is actively watching you, then you should announce it.

So go ahead and say things like..
"Hey guys, if you are enjoying the content. Click the follow button"
It's not going to hurt you, and it will probably relay a call to action and remind people to do it.

Saying Hey guys, if you are enjoying the content. Click the follow button" Does  help  For  me I  have a  timer on Nightbot that  will run  every 20 mins, as  from  this  day  it still runs!  @zheck is right  about  it if someone is actively watching you, then you should announce it. That is an  good  idea as well 🙂  

You should not ask for a follow but ask people to come check out your content and if they like your content then ask them to hit that follow button and tune in for more good content and there are many ways getting followers with out asking for a follow 

1 hour ago, Ikacake said:

Saying Hey guys, if you are enjoying the content. Click the follow button" Does  help  For  me I  have a  timer on Nightbot that  will run  every 20 mins, as  from  this  day  it still runs!  @zheck is right  about  it if someone is actively watching you, then you should announce it. That is an  good  idea as well 🙂  

I have a timer too saying something like "hey if you like the content please click the heart to follow me ^^" but in Spanish XD, i'm not sure if it works because i just have 19 followers and most of them are my friends, but i think it's a good way to promote yourself

4 minutes ago, paustar333 said:

I have a timer too saying something like "hey if you like the content please click the heart to follow me ^^" but in Spanish XD, i'm not sure if it works because i just have 19 followers and most of them are my friends, but i think it's a good way to promote yourself

Timers in chat are cool, but I think it's better when the Streamer themselves ask users to follow.
Only because it's more personal and I know they took time out of their stream to do it.
Could be a personal choice, but I enjoy it 🙂 

14 minutes ago, zheck said:

Timers in chat are cool, but I think it's better when the Streamer themselves ask users to follow.
Only because it's more personal and I know they took time out of their stream to do it.
Could be a personal choice, but I enjoy it 🙂 

yup,  they are  cool and  really  helpful as well  while streaming  but,  It is all  about  personal choice too!

Friend them. Get to know them as friends, hang out in their streams and check them out. 

Making friends is way more better than asking for follows, in my honest opinion. 

People will follow you if you are just yourself. 

5 hours ago, Gelenard said:

Any ideas how to ask people to follow you without looking like a beg? 😄 I don't really want to feel like I'm promoting myself, even tho I should promote myself 😄

6 hours ago, Gelenard said:

I would say try and branch out as many platforms as you can like Twitter, CGN, Discord etc., because that's what I've been doing for 2 years now. And don't forget to chat to some people because if they like you, they might even follow you.

On 2/2/2019 at 1:35 PM, Gelenard said:

something that I do is I go and I find small streamers like myself and if I like the stream I will follow them and give them a host  and just start a conversation with them  and that can lead to them coming and checking your stream out then I ask for input on something they liked about my stream and something I can improve on when you value somebody's input they tend to want to support you,  the one thing you got to remember is that twitch is a place where you can connect with your viewers and fellow streamers make them a part of your stream in some way or another and the follows will come