Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dice Rollen

Advice for someone getting into streaming?

Hey, guys! I made this topic because I figured asking those who've been streaming for quite a while would be the best way to learn what I would need to know if I wanted to start streaming myself. With that being said I'm completely & utterly new to the concept of being a streamer. I've watched/participated in streams before. I have a vague idea of what's needed to actually stream, but again I wanted to hear it from you.

So please feel free to give any advice on what to do during a stream, best practices, equipment needed, etc. It would definitely help me out a lot.

Thanks!

Honestly there is alot to streaming when you go to set yourself up for your very first stream. Everything from what program you want to use to stream all the way to what bots you want to use. I can answer more specific questions.

4 minutes ago, Appoloss said:

Jessp118 - I've been checking out player.me - xsplit broadcaster is just not that great for a paid service.

What do you use for overlays, setup, etc?

I  would  say  use OBS or  Streamlabs OBS but, it is  what you like more and  such.  streamelements is good  and has  goo overlays as well

1 minute ago, Appoloss said:

Jessp118 - I've been checking out player.me - xsplit broadcaster is just not that great for a paid service.

I use OBS. I make my own overlays and use streamlabs to write the followers, subs, or donations to a text file. then OBS can read those files and place them in the overlay.

SLOBS is streamlabs OBS. kinda the same thing but allows premade overlays to be used. I have never been able to use SLOBS because it crashes my computer.

Both these programs are free to use.

Well one thing that is important is the easy customizable layouts. With certain games I stream, there are times I need to put tiny blocks on certain places to cover ingame locations so I am not stream sniped so easily. That is one thing I am looking for in a on the fly visual editor.

1 minute ago, Appoloss said:

Well one thing that is important is the easy customizable layouts. With certain games I stream, there are times I need to put tiny blocks on certain places to cover ingame locations so I am not stream sniped so easily. That is one thing I am looking for in a on the fly visual editor.

You could make a simple black square in paint. in OBS/SLOBS import it as and image and drag it anywhere and scale it to the size you need

21 minutes ago, Appoloss said:

I think SLOBS is by far the best in terms of customizability and user experience.
They make it soo simple and have a ton of perks.
And it's free. Can't really beat that

Just take it easy! Don't rush things. I like to keep my streams very simple, easy to read and understand and super fun and interactive.

For my alerts I used GIPHY and myinstants.com is good for little sound effects that are free to download!

My overlay was created by me which I used Canva for which is a really great programme and costs a couple of dollars to purchase your designs without watermarks!

As for behaviour.. just be you! I am personally very loud, chatty, sociable, fun and silly.. but you do get amazing streamers who are also more on the quiet side which is good too. Just don't forget to make conversation, welcome new people into the stream, celebrate follows and raids etc.

<3

7 minutes ago, HelloLorii said:

Just take it easy! Don't rush things. I like to keep my streams very simple, easy to read and understand and super fun and interactive.

For my alerts I used GIPHY and myinstants.com is good for little sound effects that are free to download!

My overlay was created by me which I used Canva for which is a really great programme and costs a couple of dollars to purchase your designs without watermarks!

As for behavior.. just be you! I am personally very loud, chatty, sociable, fun and silly.. but you do get amazing streamers who are also more on the quiet side which is good too. Just don't forget to make conversation, welcome new people into the stream, celebrate follows and raids etc.

❤️

That  is true,  you  dont wanna rush  in to  things. Just take it slow and easy as well, I  get my overlay's from  nerdordie often as well