Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TakenVaullt

How did you come up with your username?

How did you come up with your username? Any changes over time if any? I thought I'd ask out of curiosity and to hear your stories..if you wish to share anyways.

For me, I went through a couple usernames over the course of about four years before finally settling on TakenVaullt. Around 2012 and 2013, I started using the username MetalGrounds. That username actually did not last very long. In 2013, I created my current YouTube channel as TakenDreams90. The name was the first thing that I came up with at the time I made the channel. In March of this year, I changed my username to what it is today, TakenVaullt. I kept Taken because I felt like it fit me. I came up with Vaullt after looking at the top of my hands which spelled vhahl. I originally was going to spell Vaullt as Vhaullt or Vhahlt but went with how I made it now to make it easier on others to see it as vault but with two l's.

My username was actually an idea from my Grandma. Nick stands for my Real name, Nick. b stands for, when I was little I loves to play with those little small bouncy balls that go up really high and I liked to juggle a little. (I know that sounds weird, everyone says it is :P) g stands for that I like to play games. 7 is when I first started playing Video Games. And I believe n is just my name again, I sorta forget haha.

My username came from the online handle of my main OC and main heroine of my webcomic. When I was younger, I went by something horrible that probably told people how "cringy" I was. Then it turned into Amanene13, but I disliked using numbers, and it gradually became Amayan. Amayan13 and Amayan1331 when the first is unavailable, which is oddly common. Ama comes from the Japanese feminine name Amane, and Yan as in Yandere or Yangire. Amane is the name of my OC and the manifestation of my insecurities and such, she's basically what I wish I was. As for Yandere, it's my favourite anime/manga character archetype, and I can go on and on about why I love it and why a lot of people misconstrue the term.

My username is from different people. A lot of the schools I attended in high school were in places where not very many people could afford to do the things my family did, and people started calling me "princess" to hurt me, but now I've embraced it because I was blessed to be able to have parents who could afford to do things with me and my siblings. I also got called Cassie growing up because my full name is Cassandra and in foster care being so young they needed something that I could understand and something short enough to say easily. Hence my username PrincessCassie. I took two things that used to hurt and embraced them because they're the reason I am who I am today.

Guest EpilepticZ0mbie

My username is EpilepticZ0mbie. I've been epileptic since I was about 18 years old and I've always been interested in the undead, zombies in particular.

Actually, funny enough there was a teacher in the third grade who was new and tried to get my attention thinking it was Sage and not Seth, well when she finally caught up to me we explained it was Seth but all my friends just started calling me Sage and it's been there ever since. Even on my name-tag at work. However "theeonly" part originated whenever Sage the Gemini came up as a rapper and everyone associated that with his name but I owned it long before anyone else did. :D SageTheeOnly 

Mine comes from two characters that growing up I loved. It first came together when Star Wars Galaxies was the big MMO (right before WoW made it's hostile take over lol). They actually had first and last names for characters. Jane or Jaine how I spell it has always been a favorite name of mine. Also it was majorly influenced by the show Daria's best friend named Jane. She was everything I loved witty, artistic and just her through and through.  So, Jane was taken so I opted for Jaine and fell in love with the spelling. Glocke came from one of my favorite comics from an indie developer called Com.X. The comic is called Bazooka Jules and the main character is named Jules Glocke.

So born in SWG was Jaine Glocke when pretty much turned into my online persona.

11 hours ago, Tezenari said:

My username derives from a fantasy story that I'm passively creating. It's the family name of my main character, the lone survivor of a annihilated civilization. Before that, I was Teroniz. I switched due to not being able to get some key accounts with that username. 

Oh, I see you write as well :D 

11 hours ago, SageTheeOnly said:

Actually, funny enough there was a teacher in the third grade who was new and tried to get my attention thinking it was Sage and not Seth, well when she finally caught up to me we explained it was Seth but all my friends just started calling me Sage and it's been there ever since. Even on my name-tag at work. However "theeonly" part originated whenever Sage the Gemini came up as a rapper and everyone associated that with his name but I owned it long before anyone else did. :D SageTheeOnly 

Quite interesting reading what everyone has said so far but that's quite an interesting way to get a username.

Back in the Cretaceous Period there was a little Dino going about his daily life, he struggled to keep up with some of the bigger Dino's. Wanting to fit in he bulked up, swelled up and puffed out his chest when he was walked around the hunting ground only to be blended in.. But this Little Dino was something special, his moment just hasn't come yet.

One day staggering fear itself ripped through the sky, dividing the blue only separated by fire and destroyed atmosphere. The meteor raced towards the earth. Shocked the Dinos knew this would be the end. But not for this little Dino.... With all his might he summoned his great strength, soaring through the air delivering a massive blow to the meteor.. Time slowed down at the moment as all the Dino's that once ignored this little guy was now hovering in the blueish red sky realizing that there life was just saved by his actions... So shook that they all died from disbelief....

I wanted a username that, if someone called me by my username and not my real name or a nickname, still felt like a name. For example, if someone called me "RecklessDriving" and that was my name for some reason, that doesn't feel personal or like a name. I also think of video games / mmos / the internet as 'my escape', so I decided to call myself Esca. I thought it was original, but apparently there are a lot of Esca's out there, so a lot of the time I call myself EscaPlays when I'm making an account related to streaming. Some people think its a play on "Escapades", but it isn't, it's just Esca Plays [insert game here] haha. :3 

Well, I first started out as a vlogger or whatever named MsAileenAngel, I just went with it because it had a nice ring to it. Then a few years back I was in a slump and I was playing around with some names and yes Resident Evil had some influence with the whole Valentine thing decided to pull a Sean Combs and changed it to MsAileenValentine. 

Edited by MsAileenValentine

Inspiration was Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura from Troika Games. A group of developers that left from another company after Fallout 1 was released & before Fallout 2 was made. They had worked on both Fallouts and wanted to do their own thing, as they didn't like the direction a company called Interplay was going.

So my username was made by the combination of Arcane & Void. In the story of Arcanum, there were terrible individuals who couldn't be killed by normal means. So they were sent to an eternal prison; that prison was called the Void and no one could go in or out without a ridiculous amount of magic being used.

The first game I used the name in was The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, and it just ended up being what I kept using from then on.

I made up my username myself, i wanted something truly unique, so that if you searched it on google the only thing that would show up would be me :P I just started mashing different words together and it became Pyragon (which was already taken by a nerf blaster), so i just took two letters from my own name and smacked them in the front. Thus Empyragon was born! I do kinda go with the short version Pyra as well.

Edit: Feel i need to update this because i've changed my username. Still made the name up myself, still very unique, but it resonates with me more because it represents a state of mind that i strive for, to be Zen basically. Zen, to me, means being both "bad" & "good" but also neither of them, basically a sort of neutral "grey" zone. For the zyde part, people often refer to "good" & "bad" with the "good side" vs the "bad side", so zyde is simply a more badass way to spell side xD. Smack 'em together & you've got me: Zenzyde!

Edited by Zenzyde
Username update made the post inaccurate