Guest MahdDogg

Views on CGN not translating over to YouTube

Guest MahdDogg

I've noticed a huge disparity between the number of views for videos posted on CGN and the numbers that YouTube are registering, has anyone else noticed this problem? Is it down to the way CGN are embedding the videos? I'm thrilled that people are watching here but if it doesn't translate those views to YouTube it impacts ad revenue (I know, it's not a lot) and performance for the channel in the YouTube algorithm. 

3 hours ago, MahdDogg said:

I've noticed a huge disparity between the number of views for videos posted on CGN and the numbers that YouTube are registering, has anyone else noticed this problem? Is it down to the way CGN are embedding the videos? I'm thrilled that people are watching here but if it doesn't translate those views to YouTube it impacts ad revenue (I know, it's not a lot) and performance for the channel in the YouTube algorithm. 

This has been answered almost 1000 times by me on every weekly podcast and in the FAQ Section.

Views on CGN correspond to the amount of Page Views, that could mean you or anyone else who clicked the page. Regardless of whether they watched the video or not.

Youtube Views correspond to the amount of people who watch your video longer than 15 seconds.

There is NO WAY we can track the amount of views you receive on Youtube, at least not at this time. However anytime someone watches a video here on CGN it does count as a view towards Youtube if they watched longer than 15 seconds of the video.

It's an embedded view however, and if you don't have the banner ad enabled that pops up then it won't count as a monetized view earning you Ad Revenue. Just a view.

So yes, our numbers do not reflect Youtube's however it is on Purpose, and not an Error of any kind.

4 minutes ago, MahdDogg said:

Cool, next time I'll check the FAQ's 

Ah nah, it's not your fault man.

It's just a question I get sooo often it almost pains me to answer it :P 

We've looked into ways of showing the exact number of views a video gets on Youtube, but there just doesn't seem to be a way to do that especially if we allow videos outside of Youtube.

Like Twitch or Beam VODS. So it may be something we can look into in the future, but for now were just kinda stuck with this :/