djspacepope

Gaming Movies New and Upcoming

Still mentally trying to process what the Tetris moving is going to be about. Beyond that, they're planning on making it a TRILOGY. Like. W H A T.

Ignoring the actual content of the game though, given that it's the highest grossing game of all-time still perhaps it could make for an interesting documentary. Don't know if that's what they're making it about though.

On 5/17/2016 at 0:08 AM, FluffyMatt said:
  1. Ratchet and Clank - NOPE
  2. Angry Birds - NOPE
  3. WoW - YAY
  4. Dead Rising - Maybe
  5. Assassin's Creed - If done right
  6. Sly Cooper - WTF?
  7. Resident Evil - Mmm Milla Jovovich
  8. Uncharted - FUUUUUU
  9. Splinter Cell - NOPE!
  10. Tomb Raider - If done right!
  11. Rampage - REALLY?
  12. The Witcher - **** Yeah
  13. Sonic - FUUUUU
  14. Minecraft - FUUUU
  15. Watch Dogs - Could actually work as a film
  16. The Last of Us - Yep
  17. Dragon's Lair - ???
  18. Mass Effect - **** yeah
  19. Temple Run - FUUUU
  20. Rabbids - Could be funny
  21. Five Nights at Freddy's - **** that creepy ****!
  22. Far Cry - Maybe crysis would be more kick arse
  23. Ghost Recon - Yawn
  24. Kayne and Lynch - Could be good
  25. Metal Gear - Sorry but nope!
  26. Asteroids - REALLY??????
  27. Borderlands - Tales would be funnier
  28. Gran Turismo - FUUUUUU
  29. Metro 2033 - Yep
  30. Mortal Kombat - AGAIN?

This is my response :)

1. Sure.    2. Hell no.    3. I liked it.    4. No.    5. Agreed, if done right, and depends on which one.    6. Sure.    7. Boring, already too many of these.    8. Sure.

9. Sure, if they started from the beginning storyline.    10. Too many of these... Moving on..    11. Meh, sure.    12. Hell YES    13. No... just no...    14. Why... moving on...

15. Sure, agreed, could work.    16. Easy, sure.    17. Meh, sure.    18. Yes.    19. No.    20. Yep.    21. No...    22. Sure.. why not. Just more money for Ubisoft.    23. No.

24. Sure.    25. Yeah, could be a good one.    26. No.    27. Sure.    28. No.    29. Wouldn't mind this one; could be nice.    30. No... again, already exists.

Edited by ArcanicVoid

I'm not going to lie...I'm frightened for Mass Effect. It's just so epic! It's almost the same feelings I had when they first announced they were writing the script for Ender's Game... except I was waiting for that for like 15 years! lol I like to think positively and go into video game and comic book movies knowing that things may a little...off. ;)  I try to enjoy them for what they are, because if I'm constantly thinking 'oh, that's not true/right', etc. I will surely destroy the experience for myself.

I am interested in Kayne & Lynch, too. I feel like the characters are super fun and it could be a great story.

For Tomb Raider, I want so many more of them, but again- casting and writing are paramount! :p I crave more Lara, tho. Why isn't this an awesome HBO series or something? hehe

22 hours ago, Abby said:

I'm not going to lie...I'm frightened for Mass Effect. It's just so epic! It's almost the same feelings I had when they first announced they were writing the script for Ender's Game... except I was waiting for that for like 15 years! lol I like to think positively and go into video game and comic book movies knowing that things may a little...off. ;)  I try to enjoy them for what they are, because if I'm constantly thinking 'oh, that's not true/right', etc. I will surely destroy the experience for myself.

I am interested in Kayne & Lynch, too. I feel like the characters are super fun and it could be a great story.

For Tomb Raider, I want so many more of them, but again- casting and writing are paramount! :p I crave more Lara, tho. Why isn't this an awesome HBO series or something? hehe

Mass Effect, if done poorly, would disappoint tons of people, so I understand that fear.

Ender's Game, of course, not everyone liked it because of the difference from  novel to movie; but, as a movie alone, not focusing on the book's progression, it was still pretty good.

Kane & Lynch - never played the games, but it looks ok.

Tomb Raider - if HBO started this, it would probably be pretty good.  Just on my own terms, I've gotten my fill and moved on, so I probably would pass.

Edited by ArcanicVoid

32 minutes ago, ArcanicVoid said:

Mass Effect, if done poorly, would disappoint tons of people, so I understand that fear.

Ender's Game, of course, not everyone liked it because of the difference from  novel to movie; but, as a movie alone, not focusing on the book's progression, it was still pretty good.

Kane & Lynch - never played the games, but it looks ok.

Tomb Raider - if HBO started this, it would probably be pretty good.  Just on my own terms, I've gotten my fill and moved on, so I probably would pass.

I agree about Ender- I actually liked it, but went into it trying not to focus on the book series. :p It's quite possible my favorite book series of all time (and the parallel Shadow series). The anticipation of that movie killed me! lol

Edited by Abby

I agree about Ender- I actually liked it, but went into it trying not to focus on the book series.[emoji14]It's quite possible my favorite book series of all time (and the parallel Shadow series). The anticipation of that movie killed me! lol

I loved Enders game, and that ending was fantastic!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using CGN App

I actually really enjoy watching cutscenes on YT that have been turned into a continuous movie (metal gear, KH, tomb raider, uncharted, etc..). I think big movie studios mess up when they try to make game movies appeal to everyone instead of the core audience, like with the Assassin's Creed movie. That had the potential to be awesome, but it didn't even stick to the storyline that made the first game what it was. Not sure how you guys feel about this, but if these games just HAVE to be turned into films, I think there could be a lot of potential in Netflix taking some of these franchises and doing them on a smaller scale that would be geared towards the fans. 

Nothing like having  a new piece of equipment to get the old creative juices going again .... you seem to have hit the ground running Bo .... Yeah  I agree with the general consensus ... #2 is  the one for me too...