Oh Snap A Cupcake

~Cupcake's Critique Corner~ (Constructive Criticism For Your Videos)

Have you ever wondered if your recent video was missing something?

Have you ever wanted an honest opinion of your latest upload?

I personally love receiving feedback from viewers. Whether it be negative or positive it can only help your channel grow.

I know most people have support systems like friends/family who encourage there creations.

However, it's also nice to have constructive criticism from someone with an outsider's perspective.

It's a sad and unfortunate truth that most viewers don't bother leaving feedback and tend to move onto other channels/videos rather quickly.

This leaves you wondering "Why the **** does no one like it!" and "What am I doing wrong!"

I know from experience that this can be demoralizing.

People don't realize that a 5-10 minute video, could have taken hours....and hours to produce.

As such, I have created this thread in hopes that we can help one another.

Submission Guidelines:

I. //-Pay It Forward-\\

For every video you request to have critiqued, you should then return the favor for someone else.

I highly recommend that you invest both time and effort into the video you want critiqued. You probably won't get any critiques or feedback for your 3 hour unedited Twitch stream.

II. //-Put Some Effort Into It-\\

Keep in mind that people are taking the time to watch your content. Show them everything you got! Don't settle for boring and uninspired.

Keep the video flowing (Learn to edit your videos). Whether it's entertaining or informative, keep a good rhythm and show us your personality!

More importantly, watch the video a few times and see if you enjoy it yourself. After all, If you don't enjoy watching your own video then you can't very well expect anyone else to.

Feedback Guidelines:

III. //-Be Detailed-\\

Let the person know why you liked or disliked the video. What would you like to see? What was your favorite moment?
Giving someone a two word response (Good Job) doesn't help that person in the slightest. 

IV.  //-No Sub Fiending-\\

Please do not beg for subs. However, if you like the person's content then support them. 

In order to keep track of things a bit easier, when you finish critiquing someone's video you should reply to their post here saying "Critiqued" or "I watched your video".

That will let the member know that someone watched their video and left feedback on here. If you really enjoyed the video than feel free to leave a comment on their channel since it helps with the rankings :)

While there is no limit to how many critiques' a video can receive, definitely spread that constructive criticism around :)
Edited by Oh Snap A Cupcake
Making **** look pretty

Hey Everyone

I just posted my new video. I would love to have some feedback. It's for the game  Mount Your Friends.

https://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUpCWgwraoo

I have never seen this game, but from your video I was able to get the concept of the game. The intro is pretty sick. The Super Mario sound effects were really good and spot on. I'm assuming you added them. They were so good I couldn't tell if the game makes them since I have never played this game before. You even had a really nice ending slide. I watched the entire video trying to come up with something bad to help you improve, but I failed you. lol Overall really nice video. Definitely keep the old school music. loved it.

Edited by LiveKronicRemorse

I'll join in this too. I'm starting a new series and would like some feedback. Honestly I'm worried I made the volume too high.

https://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBZCTsX8iUc

I really enjoyed the video. No i dont not think the volume was too high. Your commentary was very entertaining and didnt seem like you were forcing yourself to talk, which is hard to find sometimes. The only think i would change would be to turn the game audio up just a tad. Your voice is all i heard mostly. which isnt a bad thing, but I think if game audio was a little higher it would add to the game. 

I really enjoyed the video. No i dont not think the volume was too high. Your commentary was very entertaining and didnt seem like you were forcing yourself to talk, which is hard to find sometimes. The only think i would change would be to turn the game audio up just a tad. Your voice is all i heard mostly. which isnt a bad thing, but I think if game audio was a little higher it would add to the game.

Yeah after I watched it again I made the game audio way too low. I'll fix it for later videos.

Is this thread dead?

I think the video could have been edited a little more to make it not so long but overall it was a good video. entertaining. The only thing I would try to fix on yours is the constant clicking of the keys in the background. The video quality was very nice!

https://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teb9HkiZPeI I would like this one to be given feedback. Post your videos. I need to pay it forward as well!!

I really didn't find anything wrong with it. You might want to see if your friends can record too so you can get different views for the video. That's just an idea though.

Hey Everyone

I just posted my new video. I would love to have some feedback. It's for the game  Mount Your Friends.

https://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUpCWgwraoo

Really liked this one too. I honestly could not really find anything wrong with it.

Yeah the only thing is the clicking the in background. I know audacity has a click removal program that should help a lot with that. Also the movie clips are pretty nice but talking from experience that can get you into trouble on YouTube. Adding a border around the clip generally tricks the system. Other than that I thought it was pretty good.

**Cupcaked**

Sorry for the delay but I just checked out your video. 

I really enjoyed your movie clip inserts but felt that the Fat Bastard skit was a bit too long. I think if you cut it after he said 'Get In Muh Belly", it would of had the same desired effect. Also, the mouse clicks were quite loud but this is something that you can easily fix. I would recommend doing a test run before you record so you can test your audio and background noise.

I was impressed with your fluid commentary throughout the video. I feel that that it is definitely your strong point. It was like I was watching a Twitch stream which is a good thing. Overall, it was a good video and I look forward to the next one.

I also left you some you some feedback on your page.

Soooo umm I gots a video I guess

https://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsthhO8fyMY

**Cupcaked**

So I think your video has potential but there were a few things that could have been improved on.

First and foremost, there was a lot of rambling and dead moments. You also didn't provide any solid information about what you were doing and why you were doing it. You just assumed your audience knows.  If you talked more about the game in a general sense then people who haven't played The Binding of Issac could relate. "Hey This is really helpful because", "I recommend using this because"... "I'm going to do this because"....

I also think you would greatly benefit from utilizing editing software.

Essentially, you could have turned your 16 minute video into a shorter episode(s) which could be 3-8 minutes.

This would also allow you to just put the very best moments up (informative,funny,rage,etc).

I personally stopped making longer videos because people tend to tune off and a 12+minute video is a hard sell for a new channel.

I look forward to your next video.

Sorry folks I have been away for a bit. I was hoping to come back to nice full thread filled with videos but it appears it hasn't taken off as I'd hoped.

Let's try to spark some life back into this baby!

Agreed!! I think this is an awesome thing!

**Cupcaked**

So I think your video has potential but there were a few things that could have been improved on.

First and foremost, there was a lot of rambling and dead moments. You also didn't provide any solid information about what you were doing and why you were doing it. You just assumed your audience knows.  If you talked more about the game in a general sense then people who haven't played The Binding of Issac could relate. "Hey This is really helpful because", "I recommend using this because"... "I'm going to do this because"....

I also think you would greatly benefit from utilizing editing software.

Essentially, you could have turned your 16 minute video into a shorter episode(s) which could be 3-8 minutes.

This would also allow you to just put the very best moments up (informative,funny,rage,etc).

I personally stopped making longer videos because people tend to tune off and a 12+minute video is a hard sell for a new channel.

I look forward to your next video.

Great feedback and I agree completely. The video should have been cut at the rambling. I have never played this game and had no idea what was going on. Cupcake hit the nail on the head by explain the game a little here and there and talk about whats going on.